Backport of Qt issue(s)?

Hi all,

I'm running into two (old) Qt bugs on Debian 9.5. Preferably I'd like
to see them fixed upstream, so that the whole world can benefit from
the changes, instead of
applying patches locally. I'm willing to send pull requests of needed.

I noticed by default Debian uses Qt 5.7, which isn't an LTS Qt version
and not supported by Qt itself anymore. Will the Debian community
(itself) do backports for this version? Can I submit (pull) requests
in order to get bugfixes backported to the Qt that is provided by
Debian? And is likely that my request for such backports will even get
accepted?

It currently concerns the following two issues:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-37641 (not yet fixed, I'm also
trying to get it fixed upstream)
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-48344 (fixed in Qt 5.11)

Also, please let me know if there is a better mailing list to ask the question.

--
Kind regards,
Danny Smit