Re: Why does Debian allow all incoming traffic by default

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 01:09:35PM -0400, Dan Ritter wrote:
The basic reason is this: it makes sense.

Yours (and Roberto's) reasons are, I think, post-hoc rationalisations.

IMHO the real reason is nobody has successfully made the case and/or
implementation of a decent default firewall for Debian, not that there's
no case to be made.

It's probably a contentious enough decision that it would require some
bureaucratic machinery to determine whether the project, as a whole,
agreed that there should be one or not. But that hasn't happened yet (in
either direction)

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland