Re: using a Windows 7 disk image with KVM?

On 2018-09-21 12:53 AM, Chris wrote:
On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 00:13:28 -0400
Gary Dale wrote:

I'm pleased to report that with the firmware change, the new image
booted fine first try! Now I just need to do a little tuning.
Which tool did you use to create the disk image? Was it a physical
machine before?

Did you have to "repair" the windows installation before booting in KVM?

Chris

BTW: before making the image, I did run MergeIDE on the physical machine. It is probably required since Windows hates being moved to new hardware.