Re: Can't install Debian without dedicated /boot partition

Le 04/09/2018 à 21:05, Dominik George a écrit :
AFAICS you did not write anything about /boot/grub.

I did not mention it by name, I only said there are two parts

I do not remember reading about this either.

grub-install must hardcode the location of /boot/grub into the core image. I
guess it sees that /boot/grub is encrypted but encryption is not enabled for
GRUB.

Oh ok. If that's true, probably a reasonable error message would be helpful

Regretfully, the Debian installer main interface is not verbose about GRUB installation errors. The installer logs (in console tty4 and /var/log) should be more detailed.