Re: USB2 or 3 WiFi dual band adapters

On 14/08/18 12:14, Ben Caradoc-Davies wrote:
On 12/08/18 15:12, Ben Caradoc-Davies wrote:
I am using a TP-Link TL-WN722N (ath9k_htc). I have two. Inexpensive, high-gain antenna, quite reliable despite regular hard work.
Since my broadband upgrade from ADSL to gigabit fibre three days ago, I can put greater load on my WiFi, and my TL-WN722N hangs under this heavy load. Downloads or uploads of 3-4 GB files succeed only about a third of the time. Hangs require USB disconnection and reconnection. I must withdraw my recommendation.

Since upgrading from linux-image-4.17.0-1-amd64 4.17.8-1 to linux-image-4.17.0-2-amd64 4.17.14-1 this morning, I have given my TL-WN722N a workout, with one 3.0 GB upload and six 4.0 GB downloads with the same servers as before, all successful, with no hangs. Perhaps the problems I encountered were related to interference that has now gone away? Or have been fixed by kernel driver improvements? Anyway, my TL-WN722N now seems quite stable under load.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>
Director