Re: a dh keys question?

1.
I am not using Linux, but an ssh client compiled from a combination of tools, Linux and otherwise, including putty.
I have been very firm in not stating that I use Linux at all.
In fact the first sentence of my question stated that while the issue is complex, the question, where dh keys are generated, was simple. 2. I can state firmly that the port number has absolutely a great deal to do with my issue.
best evidence?  your getting this e-mail at all.
I am writing using a shell service that uses Ubuntu 16.04 as its platform...same as dreamhost. we do not use port 22 here, and I can use my ssh client to reach my workspace..doing such as we speak.. Likewise an associate who hosts their own servers created a temp account for me, using port 4460...worked perfectly. I respect other factors might be involved, but my goal is the swiftest solution that lets us move our services from dreamhost somewhere else to which I can ssh from my desktop. If choosing a location with a port other than 22 solves the issue, it is good enough for me.
Karen