Re: Removing libsystemd0 from a non-systemd system

On Tue, 8 May 2018 06:21:54 +0200 tomas@tuxteam.de said:
> On Tue, May 08, 2018 at 02:23:57AM +0300, Abdullah Ramazanoğlu wrote:

--8<--

> > This is probably because Debian is commited to systemd and going that way
> > further and further. The fact that today it is possible to convert to
> > sysvinit is because systemd migration is still in transient. Upcoming
> > release or the next one possibly won't even allow switching to sysvinit
> > easily (or at all).
>
> I think that will depend on whether there are enough people willing
> to put in the necessary work to maintain two inits or not.

Quite right, but I would also add the user preferences factor to it.

This really boils down to natural selection algorithm that dominates the OSS
world: Components compete for adoption by peers and distros, which in turn
compete for the contributor and user base (i.e. us).

Regards
--
Abdullah Ramazanoğlu