Re: Using debootstrap

On 04/26/2018 02:43 PM, Henning Follmann wrote:
On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 08:02:38PM +0200, deloptes wrote:
Henning Follmann wrote:

Happy to read the man page to you buddy.

-H

while I can understand your feeling quite well, I had to teach myself either
to ignore affecting questions or to answer for the sake of the answer.

sometimes it is really frustrating how one can not understand obvious
things, however not all are same age, have same background or level of
intelligence.

its better you give example in such case

debootstrap [OPTION...]  stable /mypath/to/target/installation file:///DVD1

this is how I understand it, correct if I'm wrong

I am no expert on the install ISO images but if I understand correctly
there is a "debian" directory on it. So I guess:
debootstrap [OPTION...]  stable /mypath/to/target/installation
file:///DVD1/debian

however just hope that the current DVD is also "stable"

The purchased DVD is Debian 9.1.0. My OS used is stable installed via netinst.