Re: Using debootstrap

deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> writes:

> its better you give example in such case
>
> debootstrap [OPTION...]  stable /mypath/to/target/installation file:///DVD1
>
> this is how I understand it, correct if I'm wrong

Almost: as has been stated elsewhere in this thread, at least according
to Appendix D of the Debian Installation Guide [1] you may provide a
„file://” URL to the debian/ directory below the mount point of the disc
for the MIRROR parameter, e.g.: file:///cdrom/debian/

Admittedly, I have not to tested either this or your variant.

[1] https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/apds03.html.en#idm46014282700896

--
Felix Dietrich