Re: Using debootstrap

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 08:02:38PM +0200, deloptes wrote:
> Henning Follmann wrote:
>
> > Happy to read the man page to you buddy.
> >

> > -H
>
> while I can understand your feeling quite well, I had to teach myself either
> to ignore affecting questions or to answer for the sake of the answer.
>
> sometimes it is really frustrating how one can not understand obvious
> things, however not all are same age, have same background or level of
> intelligence.
>
> its better you give example in such case
>
> debootstrap [OPTION...]  stable /mypath/to/target/installation file:///DVD1
>
> this is how I understand it, correct if I'm wrong

I am no expert on the install ISO images but if I understand correctly
there is a "debian" directory on it. So I guess:
debootstrap [OPTION...]  stable /mypath/to/target/installation
file:///DVD1/debian

however just hope that the current DVD is also "stable"

-H

--
Henning Follmann           | hfollmann@itcfollmann.com