Re: etherape - why removed?

On Mon, Apr 09, 2018 at 04:31:12PM +0200, Hans wrote:
However, it is not understandable for me, why a package has to be
removed (due to a bug) instead of keeping the last running version, and
then, when a newer and running version exists, to substitute the latest
running version with the higher version.

The policy is not designed to make testing as useful for users as
possible, it's designed to aid the process of making the next Stable as
useful as possible. Removing a package is a strong prompt to the
maintainer (or any dependent users) that this package needs more
attention if it's to survive into the next stable release.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland