etherape - why removed?

Hi,
 I am still confused about debian package philosophie.

I can see, etherape is migrated successfull to testing, and now it is removed
without a reason. It looks like there is an automatismn behind this. Debian-
Tracker showed no clear information - or I did not recognize it.

Similar thing I can see from time to time: A package is working in stable,
then it is removed in testing, but appears in unstable at higher version
again. Why then not let the higher version in testing be alive?

Now I am using debian for more than 10 years, but there still some very little
things, I believe, I will never understand. :) On the other hand, though these
few little things, debian makes me always happy!

Have fun!

Hans