Re: Firefox too slow when opening new window or typing in the URL

On 2018-02-17, deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:

> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings
>
> I tried this now, so it says in the first paragraph:
>
> If you're having problems with Firefox, refreshing it can help. The refresh
> feature fixes many issues by restoring Firefox to its default state while
> saving your essential information like bookmarks, passwords, and open tabs.
>
> but all my passwords were wiped out :(

Passwords are stored in the 'key4.db' and 'logins.json' files. If those
files weren't inadvertently wiped out (the whole kit and caboodle of
your previous profile is normally saved somwhere when you refresh), you
should be able to retrieve them.

I found a python script on github that can extract them nicely, if you want to
keep them someplace safer (see my previous post here).

--
New York was no mere city. It was instead an infinitely romantic notion, the
mysterious nexus of all love and money and power, the shining and the