Re: Firefox too slow when opening new window or typing in the URL

On 17.02.18 10:00, deloptes wrote:
> Since couple of months firefox is taking too long to open a new window or
> new page.

Whenever that happens here, I just clear the cookies & cache with
CTRL+SHIFT+DEL. That puts a spring in its step again.

Admittedly, my old mobo is too slow for video streaming, so I bought a
Udoo-X86 for that - with very satisfying results. Except very
occasionally, when video freezes just as on the old slow mobo, and it's
necessary to click on the progress bar under the display. Relevance? I
suspect there's a kilo and a half of gummy sludge in every instance of
Firefox, and you have to knock it loose regularly to keep the thing
working. (If there's a commercial version out there, that might explain
it.)

Erik