Re: Firefox too slow when opening new window or typing in the URL

Reco wrote:

> Well, if it's sqlite databases you're worried about, then install
> "sqlite3" package, shutdown firefox (important!), and run something like
> this:
>
> for x in $(find .mozilla -name '*sqlite'); do
> sqlite3 "$x" "VACUUM;"
> done

$ time for x in $(find .mozilla -name '*.sqlite'); do
sqlite3 "$x" "VACUUM;"; done

real    1m54.699s
user    0m2.196s
sys     0m2.713s

This is absolutely not ok, though I don't think it reads all when it loads,
I have the impression I wait for roughly 1min.

> But I prefer another approach - the only things that's I actually need
> in Firefox profile are prefs.js file maybe addons. Meaning that yes, I
> *do not* need history, cookies and all these HTML5 databases that
> Firefox persistently stores there for reasons unknown.

Might be I need to clean up and see if it makes a difference

thanks