Re: Firefox too slow when opening new window or typing in the URL

	Hi.

On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 10:00:07AM +0100, deloptes wrote:
> Hi all,
> perhaps someone of you has dealt with this issue and can give me an idea how
> can I fix it.
>
> Since couple of months firefox is taking too long to open a new window or
> new page.
> When I press "CTRL+n" it opens the window but whole firefox gets blocked
> until something happens in the background and then all content is visible
> again.
> When I start typing the URL same behavior. Not all the time, but mainly
> related to new window.
>
> I use this user profile for approx. 15y and the profile is located on NFS
> share. I have 1GB connection to the server. I was thinking maybe that it is
> because the sqlite databases grew with the time or there is a race
> condition violated.

Well, if it's sqlite databases you're worried about, then install
"sqlite3" package, shutdown firefox (important!), and run something like this:

for x in $(find .mozilla -name '*sqlite'); do
	sqlite3 "$x" "VACUUM;"
done

But I prefer another approach - the only things that's I actually need
in Firefox profile are prefs.js file maybe addons. Meaning that yes, I
*do not* need history, cookies and all these HTML5 databases that
Firefox persistently stores there for reasons unknown.

So I just remove anything unneeded from .mozilla/firefox periodically.

Reco