Re: Ethernet is not started at boot

Am DATE hackte AUTHOR in die Tasten: Brian
> On Tue 06 Feb 2018 at 20:23:13 -0500, Michael Stone wrote:
> The changelog says:
>
>   * Calculate netmask internally, so even if a user haven't supplied
>     one or have used CIDR notation, hook scripts will have it properly
>     specified in IF_NETMASK environment variable.
>
> What is the significance of "...so even if a user haven't supplied ..."?

I assume, that the mean, AS LONG as you use standard configs e.g. Networks
with 256 IP addreses, then anythin work automatically...

Anything else require a MANUAL FULL CONFIGURATION

Have a nice day

Grmpf! -8°C and new snow over night!  We have arround 50cm here. Not even
my Honda F400 (roten a replacment motor with 4,8kW) can cope with it.
Again a day inside!

--
Michelle Konzack        Miila ITSystems @ TDnet
GNU/Linux Developer     00372-54541400