Re: MTP devices leave multiple copies under Devices in file managers

On 07/01/18 03:54, Carl Fink wrote:
I have a couple of Android devices that mount using MTP. Recently I was
trying to install LineageOS on one (which failed because the USB port on
the phone physically failed halfway through, but that's a side-issue).
As a result, apparently, both caja and thunar now show 21 separate
entries under "Devices", of which 19 or 20 are dead and useless. (I
can't test the Samsung Galaxy Note links because, well, the physical
USB port is broken.)

What kernel version? Do the entries disappear on reboot?

With kernel 4.14, and stale entries disappearing on reboot, see these reports (one by me):

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>
Director