Re: [OT] Relavant mailing list or USENET group

On 12/02/2017 01:52 PM, John Hasler wrote:
David Wright writes:
what would be the principal use of this device, who would it be aimed
at, and what would be the size of its market?

I'd buy one were it cheap enough (it wouldn't be).

I don't see why its price structure be more than a laptop or "smartphone". It should be less than a "smartphone" offering similar compute capability.

The per unit manufacturing costs should be lower - fewer parts, fewer assembly steps. There would be less ongoing engineering costs - e.g. when 3G/4G becomes obsolete.
Product lifetime should be longer.