Re: Debian 9 tftp issue

Thanks for the hints, however, I am trying to learn how to setup an iPXE boot menu with Debian, some utilities (maybe some .ISO) and possibly windows.
To be honest, I've only setup a simple PXE server which worked before, but this seems very much uncharted territory for me.
Pretty hard to find all things I need in one place, and in a readable form for beginners.

Any suggestions are very appreciated.

Best regards,

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 12:37 AM, deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:
Catalin Soare wrote:

> However, I can still not test to get a file, even with the tftp-hpa client
> on the machine where I'm hosting the VM.
> Anyway, thank you guys very much! Maybe with time and experiments I'll
> figure it out :)

I use few virtual and physical machines diskless and they boot via PXE - see
the links below.

1. You have to configure at least dhcp and nfs properly.

dhcp

 host vmware3 {
    hardware ethernet 00:50:............;
    fixed-address 192.168..........;
    option host-name "vmware3";
    filename "pxelinux.0";
#tftp server
    next-server 192.168.xxx.xxx;
    option
root-path "192.168.xxx.xxx:/opt/remote/nfsroot/stretch-amd64,retry=3,rsize=8192,wsize=8192";
 }

2. you need to setup the kernel boot parameters

3. and of course have a usable initram disk image

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/filesystems/nfs/nfsroot.txt
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DisklessUbuntuHowto
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Diskless_system
https://www.gadgetdaily.xyz/use-css3-transforms-and-transitions-to-create-subtle-image-zooms/