Re: Debian 9 tftp issue

On Nov 22, 2017 22:42, "Ulf Volmer" <u.volmer@u-v.de> wrote:
On 22.11.2017 21:24, Catalin Soare wrote:

> udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:69 <http://0.0.0.0:69>
> 0.0.0.0:*                           1117/in.tftpd

> :~$ nc -vz lab 69
> lab.home.org <http://lab.home.org> [192.168.1.179] 69 (?) : Connection
> refused

As you can see in the netstat output, tftpd is using UDP but your netcat
tool tries to connect to 69/tcp. add -u to your nc args.

best regards
Ulf

Ah, yes you're right! Thanks!
I wasn't checking it correctly!

Now it says the port is open. This rules out the firewall.

However, this means that even though tftpd-hpa is running, it's not bound to the port 69? Or at least it's not "listening"; this seems to be what the netstat output is saying (there's no "listening" on the line with tftpd).

Any ideas if I might have to do any additional configuration for tftpd-hpa? Or maybe use another tftpd server that has some logging that I could rely on?

Regards,
Catalin Soare