Re: getting mail from Exchange/Outlook

Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 11:00:19PM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
>> I read the "for backup purposes" as being a euphemism, implying that the
>> second copy was being kept for nefarious purposes, including so that it
>> could be reviewed (including by third parties) even if the user had
>> deleted the "visible" copy.
>
> Yes, precisely this.  I thought it was blatantly obvious, but as
> usual the Internet has corrected my assumptions.

Hm, I must've missed that message ...

"Nefarious" or not, anyone worth their salt has backups of their mail
(be it corporate IT / an ISP / google / whoever), since things fail at
times.  Hell, I have "dead-tree-backups(tm)" of emails from previous
employers asking for stupid things that'd break best practices / etc.

--
|_|O|_| Registered Linux user #585947