Re: getting mail from Exchange/Outlook

	Hi.

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 10:19:45AM -0500, David Wright wrote:
> On Thu 14 Sep 2017 at 10:51:43 (-0400), Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Begin rant:
> [...]
> > Since they without doubt have a backdoor for the snooping agencies, this
> > exposes my mail to these people for 1000's of times longer (If I do it
> > once a week for instance) compared to fetchmail pulling and deleting it
> > every 3 minutes.
>
> Oh, I see. So if you can just get your emails in and out of the ISP's
> system within three minutes, this will catch the snoopers napping/
> on coffee break/gossiping round the water cooler/however the
> agency's monitors take their breaks. Do you have a similar strategy
> for crossing toll bridges? Like climbing the piers and then sprinting
> across, so avoiding the approaches where those pesky toll booths
> are located.

While it's a legitimate point, the better one would be the following:

How can you be sure that deleting mail at your ISP server actually
deletes it?

It's very easy to setup mail delivery in such way that every e-mail is
stored in two different places, first one for the users' IMAP, and
second one is for … backup purposes, so to speak.

Reco