Re: Recommended editor for novice programmers?

Johann Spies <johann.spies@gmail.com> writes:

> Some alternatives which (some of them may have been mentioned in this
> thread):
>
> Atom - a fairly new and versatile one as far as I know
> PyCharm (not a native Debian Package) but very nice to debug Python
> with. The community edition is free.
> Bluefish (especially when editing html files).

Atom is free. It has an enormous dependency tree, so not yet in Debian.

Bluefish is free. It is in Debian for a long time now.

PyCharm is not free. Its community edition is zero-cost, though still
not free.

--
 \        “That's the essence of science: Ask an impertinent question, |
  `\            and you're on the way to the pertinent answer.” —Jacob |