Re: Install on hp-pavilion-g6-2100 stops at 98%

On 2017-09-02, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> set root=(hd0.gpt1)
> linux vmlinuz root=/dev/sda1
> initrd initrd.img
> boot

I just read the following; looks pertinent (but if not, sorry):

 If you're in the GRUB rescue shell the commands are different, and you
 have to load the normal.mod and linux.mod modules:

 grub rescue> set prefix=(hd0,1)/boot/grub
 grub rescue> set root=(hd0,1)
 grub rescue> insmod normal
 grub rescue> normal
 grub rescue> insmod linux
 grub rescue> linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.13.0-29-generic root=/dev/sda1
 grub rescue> initrd /boot/initrd.img-3.13.0-29-generic
 grub rescue> boot

https://www.linux.com/learn/how-rescue-non-booting-grub-2-Linux

--
"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places.
But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very