Re: USB external hard drive -- mounting

On 8/29/17, 3:58 AM, Frank wrote:
That looks a lot more complicated than the solution I found a couple of
years ago (in a blog posting which - unfortunately - no longer
exists...). I also created a file in /etc/udev/rules.d/, but all it
contains is:

ENV{ID_FS_USAGE}=="filesystem|other|crypto", ENV{UDISKS_FILESYSTEM_SHARED}="1"

(that's one line, in case it gets wrapped).

That seems to have had no effect whatsoever: it still doesn't auto-mount until somebody signs on to Gnome, and when it does, it auto-mounts under the user's subdirectory of /media, the same as before.