Re: USB external hard drive -- mounting

Op 29-08-17 om 03:33 schreef Ben Caradoc-Davies:
I have not tried this but a udev rule might be your next step:
https://www.axllent.org/docs/view/auto-mounting-usb-storage/

That looks a lot more complicated than the solution I found a couple of years ago (in a blog posting which - unfortunately - no longer exists...). I also created a file in /etc/udev/rules.d/, but all it contains is:

ENV{ID_FS_USAGE}=="filesystem|other|crypto", ENV{UDISKS_FILESYSTEM_SHARED}="1"

(that's one line, in case it gets wrapped).

After udevadm control --reload (as root - and not --reload-rules as mentioned in that axllent.org doc) udisks mounts indeed appear in /media instead of /media/<user>.

There is also a thing called udisks, but I have not used that either.

That's essentially what's used here.

Regards,
Frank