Re: Wireless devices and cryptography in practice (Was: USB wireless keyboard in stretch)

On 08/22/2017 05:12 PM, Mario Castelán Castro wrote:
On 22/08/17 15:11, Jape Person wrote:
You have been *very* helpful. You educated / reminded me on why even
testing for exploits isn't necessarily useful when the firmware is not
Open Source, and you told me about the existence of magnetic quick
release USB cables. Time to shop!

And thank you very much again.

I am glad that you found my commentary useful.

By the way, I prefer the free software philosophy and term instead of
open source, although of course, almost all open source software is free
software and vice-versa.

Regards.

Understood. I was just thinking of it from the standpoint of what we can see, not from the standpoint of the philosophy as to why we can see it or what we can do with it. But you're right. the philosophy is always important.

I'd love to run into a few folks here who care about such things. Conversations in this region have a tendency to get really boring, really quickly. The only things most people around here are willing to discuss are physical trivialities and things I'm reasonably certain don't exist.

;-)

Friends don't let friends eat friends.

JP