Re: USB wireless keyboard in stretch

On 21/08/17 23:02, Jape Person wrote:
> The keyboard communications are encrypted, and both mouse and keyboard
> are rechargeable. But I at least have to check with Cherry support to
> learn whether or not my new toys are vulnerable. I suspect that they are.

The problem is that even if the manufacturer assures you that the
wireless link is secured cryptographically, all you have is their word
for it. The implementation is very probably unauduitable (and even if
would not audit it yourself, somebody among the community of users
probably would do so and report if he found any vulnerability), as
almost all firmware is.

That is why opaque cryptographic systems can not be trusted. This is
covered in any practical cryptography book.