Re: Wireless devices and cryptography in practice (Was: USB wireless keyboard in stretch)

On 08/22/2017 02:40 PM, Mario Castelán Castro wrote:
On 22/08/17 13:01, Jape Person wrote:
There's no fix for my wife and the presence of cables. In this case, the
cables for keyboard and mouse run from the Intel NUC computer nestled in
a table beside her recliner to the keyboard on her lap and the mouse on
her arm rest. She has yanked the cables free of the computer, pulled the
computer out of its shelf, dropped the keyboard and then tripped over it
when she tried to retrieve it, and actually toppled the table while
"arguing" with the keyboard and mouse cables. Wireless devices were a
ploy to reduce the likelihood of her causing damage to the various
devices because of her interaction with things that were tied together
physically.

I see. You may be also interested in “magnetic quick release USB
cables”. They are held together at one part by a magnet. A strong pull
(accidental or otherwise) will disconnect it, and thus it is supposed to
be less dangerous for the user and the equipment. I have never seen any
such in my life, but I know they exist.

Her clumsiness doesn't reduce her charm a bit. But you do have to be
careful not to stand next to her in the kitchen. She gestures a lot with
her hands -- even when holding knives. Ever seen a Fellini movie?

Well, at least as she does not injuries herself or you it's alright. :)

-----
There is nothing else to add from my part to this conversation, so good
luck!

You have been *very* helpful. You educated / reminded me on why even testing for exploits isn't necessarily useful when the firmware is not Open Source, and you told me about the existence of magnetic quick release USB cables. Time to shop!

And thank you very much again.

Best regards,
JP