Re: Systemd: Error when replacing postfix LSB init with postfix.service on Debian 8 (jessie)

Christian Seiler <christian@iwakd.de> wrote:

> Now, that doesn't mean that you should still write _new_ init scripts
> for custom services if you're going to use systemd anyway. There it
> will be a good idea to learn how to do that with native systemd
> service units.

Exactly.

I was able to create much simpler and much more resilient systemd units
for my local services running on servers than I was ever able to do with
shell scripts. And I was also able to get rid of external supervisors
(like monit) to restart said services upon errors.

As an added bonus those units now work on Debian, Ubuntu and SLES12,
where before that a mess of different shell scripts were needed.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.