Re: X problems in Stretch with AMD APU?

On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 10:19:59PM +0200, Alle Meije Wink wrote:
> I have a home theatre PC with an AMD A6-3500 APU. Bit of an oldie but still
> plays everything fine. The drivers supplied by the Jessie repositories
> (including fglrx for hardware acceleration) worked fine.
>
> But then I upgraded to Stretch and suddenly started without X. The debian
> supplied drivers don't seem to support the A6 any more?

Start with:

lspci -nn
dmesg | grep -i firmware

If there are any firmware loading errors, these would probably
indicate a need to install some non-free firmware packages
(e.g. firmware-amd-graphics).

Installing amd64-microcode probably wouldn't hurt either, though it
probably won't have an immediately noticeable effect on your graphics.