Systemd: Error when replacing postfix LSB init with postfix.service on Debian 8 (jessie)

I got a postfix.service file from a postfix developer and installed it in /etc/systemd/system as the docs mention.

I then moved the /etc/init.d/postfix file away, reloaded the systemd daemon, and did:

  # systemctl start postfix
  # systemctl status postfix

and got several lines basically saying posfix.service was disabled.

I have looked for instructions on replacing init.d scripts with systemd scripts and found the ones about writing service files, converting inin.d scripts, placing the new service files, but haven't yet found how to turn the old lsb system off for one service.

Thanks for any help.

With warmest regards,

-Tom