Re: Systemd: Error when replacing postfix LSB init with postfix.service on Debian 8 (jessie)

On Sun, Aug 20, 2017 at 12:30 Sven Hartge <sven@svenhartge.de> wrote:
Tom Browder <tom.browder@gmail.com> wrote:

> The contents of the postfix.service file are;
That unit file does effectivly nothing. It just starts "/bin/true" and
exits.

What it *not* does is starting postfix in any way.

This looks like there should be some other unit files which start the
other daemons belonging to postfix which depend on this unit file, so
you could easily start and stop everything with one command.

Are you sure you only got this one unit file from the postfix developer?

No, I got it from a package installation of postfix on Debian 9.

So the question I have is how does it all work?  There is no init.d, but there seems to be some convoluted handling that I haven't figured out yet.  Surely some expert can write a postfix.service file that drives postfix commands.

Any clues?

Thanks.

-Tom