Re: Help with USB audio card

On 2017-08-10, Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Perhaps comment out the following line in '/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf':
>>
>>  # Keep snd-usb-audio from beeing <sic> loaded as first soundcard
>>  options snd-usb-audio index=-2
>

> No  '/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf' on my PC...  /etc/modprobe.d is empty.
> There's /usr/share/alsa.conf, but it doesn't contain any occurrence of `usb'.

https://wiki.debian.org/ALSA

?

/etc/modprobe.d/sound

  options snd-usb-audio index=0
  options snd_hda_codec_hdmi(or whatever it's called)=1
  options snd(etc...)=2

There's a plethora of info on sound card ordering, but much of it is
obsolete I'm afraid.

Whether making the usb dongle the default card by creating a ~.asoundrc file:

pcm.!default {
type hw
card 2
}

ctl.!default {
type hw
card 2
}

would work or not I dunno. I read that for the Lenovo to get an external
usb sound card working the card must be indexed as card 0 (numero uno).

--
"Until the Lion learns to write, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the Hunter."
— African proverb