Re: Help with USB audio card

Curt <curty@free.fr> writes:

> Whether making the usb dongle the default card by creating a ~.asoundrc file:
>
> pcm.!default {
> type hw
> card 2
> }
>
> ctl.!default {
> type hw
> card 2
> }
>
> would work or not I dunno.

It seems it does: now I get:

$ arecord -l
**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 1: Device [USB PnP Sound Device], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 2: Generic [HD-Audio Generic], device 0: ALC662 rev3 Analog [ALC662 rev3 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 2: Generic [HD-Audio Generic], device 2: ALC662 rev3 Alt Analog [ALC662 rev3 Alt Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

but still the card does not work, neither with headphones nor with microphone:
to record from mic, I do now:

 $ sox -t alsa hw:1,0 output.wav

but no sound is recorded.

> I read that for the Lenovo to get an external
> usb sound card working the card must be indexed as card 0 (numero uno).

The card doesn't work with my netbook Acer Aspire One either...

Thanks,

Rodolfo