Re: Thunderbird almost unusable after upgrade

On Thursday 10 August 2017 11:08:44 Joe wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 10:24:43 -0400
>
> Jape Person <japers@comcast.net> wrote:
> > After this upgrade
> >
> > thunderbird:amd64 (1:52.2.1-4, 1:52.2.1-4+b1)
> >
> > Thunderbird in Cinnamon DE is almost completely useless because
> > portions of its windows / text / toolbars don't repaint until the
> > window is resized. Is anyone else seeing this?
> >
> > Using different desktop themes or logging in as a different user
> > results in same behavior.
> >
> > I'm curious to know whether this is being seen in different desktop
> > environments, too.
>
> Not only that, but not just Thunderbird, Firefox also trashed.
>
> New update today OK.
>
> Never just have one mail client or one browser installed, at least not
> in Sid...

Despite a mozilla-flash update this AM, firefox is still DIW, will not
play a video, not even the commercial in front of it. Using chromium for
my default browser now.

Do I detect an effort to kill mozilla/firefox?  It has not worked for any
videos but you-tubes in 6 months. And for the last several weeks, not
even there, as the debian version has no html5 support according the
window the video is supposed to play in.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)