Re: How to change default umask in Stretch?

On Tue, Aug 08, 2017 at 01:27:02PM +0300, Reco wrote:
> Or find gnome-session (or gnome-shell - I don't recall who exactly
> spawns user applications in GNOME) process pid, execute something like
> this on login:
>
> gdb -p $(pidof gnome-session) -ex 'p umask(0077)' --batch
>
> You'll need gdb to be installed, of course.

It's beginning to sound like GNOME applications aren't even launched
by GNOME at all, but rather by systemd/dbus.  Somehow.

I'd be interested in hearing the results of your gdb experiment being
performed on the user session dbus daemon process, by someone using
GNOME.  I have no idea whether it would actually work, but if it does,
that would help us understand how this... desktop... is put together.