Re: How to change default umask in Stretch?

	Hi.

On Mon, Aug 07, 2017 at 03:47:48PM -0500, David Wright wrote:
> On Mon 07 Aug 2017 at 20:00:10 (+0000), Garrett R. wrote:
> > Does anybody know, this gnome/systemd bug of umask, it this something that I will have to wait for Debian 10 before it is fixed? Or will Debian 9 implement a fix when/if gnome/systemd issues a fix?
> >
> > I was hoping to be able to move to Stretch, but it's looking unlikely now.
>
> My suggestion is simple, but would be tedious to implement. I use it
> to run a program as a different user, overriding their default umask.
>
> /home/other/bin/my-program.sh contains
>
> #!/bin/bash
> umask u=rwx,go=
> /usr/bin/real-program "$@"
>
> But it's tedious to have to replace real-program by /home/other/bin/my-program.sh
> in all the places it/they might get called from. I only have to do
> this once (in .bashrc) because I'm a bash/xterm/fvwm guy using
> bash functions.

Or find gnome-session (or gnome-shell - I don't recall who exactly
spawns user applications in GNOME) process pid, execute something like
this on login:

gdb -p $(pidof gnome-session) -ex 'p umask(0077)' --batch

You'll need gdb to be installed, of course.

Reco