Re: How to change default umask in Stretch?

On Mon 07 Aug 2017 at 20:00:10 (+0000), Garrett R. wrote:
> Does anybody know, this gnome/systemd bug of umask, it this something that I will have to wait for Debian 10 before it is fixed? Or will Debian 9 implement a fix when/if gnome/systemd issues a fix?
>
> I was hoping to be able to move to Stretch, but it's looking unlikely now.

My suggestion is simple, but would be tedious to implement. I use it
to run a program as a different user, overriding their default umask.

/home/other/bin/my-program.sh contains

#!/bin/bash
umask u=rwx,go=
/usr/bin/real-program "$@"

But it's tedious to have to replace real-program by /home/other/bin/my-program.sh
in all the places it/they might get called from. I only have to do
this once (in .bashrc) because I'm a bash/xterm/fvwm guy using
bash functions.

Cheers,
David.