Re: Sudden death of bluetooth headphone connectivity

On Sat 05 Aug 2017 at 11:50:45 (+0900), Mark Fletcher wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 08:35:23PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > On Fri, 04 Aug 2017, Mark Fletcher wrote:
> > > suddenly stopped working. I didn't do an apt autoremove last Sunday, but
> > > may have done one the Sunday before -- which would have been reckless
> >
> > The log files are at:
> > /var/log/apt*
> > /var/log/apt/*
> >
> > Failing that:
> > /var/log/dpkg*
> >
> > It will list everything that was updated, installed, removed, or purged.
> >
> > --
>
> OK I had a look in /var/log/apt/ folders at the history.log files. In
> the one for July I determined that I ran an apt upgrade on July 16th,
> one week before my trip, and the next time I did so was on July 29th, on
> my return from my trip. So I displayed more restraint around updates
> just before travelling than I remembered. In the week between July 16th
> and July 23rd when I left for my trip, I definitely used the headphones,
> so they were working after the July 16th update.
>
> No update on July 23rd, which actually makes sense because I was up at
> 5:30am to catch a plane. I might have done the update the day before,
> but it seems i did not.
>
> The upgrade record for July 29th has a long list of packages I will have
> to go through in detail. I have already noticed both pulseaudio and udev
> got updates so those are 2 possible candidates for the culprit. I seem
> to recall there was also a kernel upgrade, meaning I would have rebooted
> after the upgrade.

> Start-Date: 2017-07-29  23:46:36
> Commandline: apt autoremove
> Requested-By: mark (1000)
> Error: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
> End-Date: 2017-07-29  23:46:41
>
> [the dpkg error code is a red herring, I have zoneminder installed but
> it requires access to a mysql database, and due to a previous unrelated
> problem with my local mariadb instance, zoneminder's database is in read
> only mode, so zoneminder can't start properly -- that is the cause of
> the error code]
>
> Am I reading that correctly that I ran apt autoremove and it didn't find
> anything to do? Or is it just not telling me what it did?
>
> I also looked in /var/log/dpkg.1 (July's stuff is already partially
> archived) and:
>
> grep 2017-07-29 /var/log/dpkg.1 | awk '{print $3}' | sort -u
>
> lists the following keywords:
>
> configure
> startup
> status
> trigproc
> upgrade
>

> No sign of "remove", but I don't know if there would be or not...
>
> So IF I am interpreting the above correctly, I ran apt autoremove but it
> didn't do anything, I did upgrade a shedload of packages and the next
> thing to do is to sift through that shedload looking for changes
> [...]

apt-get autoremove   and   apt-get --purge autoremove
produce lists of packages prefixed with Remove: or Purge:
as appropriate, so it looks as if "Nothing happens" in your
case. (I trust that apt would log the same info as apt-get.)

Cheers,
David.