Re: Apt-get Upgrade Problem in Stretch?

On 20-07-17, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 08:48:17 +0200 Dejan Jocic <jodejka@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > If you have minimal install, why do you suspect that something is
> > wrong, rather to suppose that all is fine and that simply there was
> > no security updates for your install? It is stable now, and as far as
> > i can remember, all those security updates we did have of lately were
> > somehow tied for graphical part, plus apache and ngninx. Apart for
> > security updates, tough luck of getting some other updates on stable.
> > And "everything worked fine" on your install of Stretch RC2 because
> > it was still testing and there was much more updates then?
>
> That was my first thought.  And as I used a Stable net-install disk
> for my first tests of Stable, the system would have been up-to-date
> after the install. But it's been two weeks since that time.  I've added
> X, a window manager, utilities, apps, etc.  Based on my past
> experience, historically, there should have been some fixes.  I've
> never come across any such new release -- Debian or others -- that
> didn't need a plethora of fixes in those few days to a month after.  Or
> perhaps Stretch is bug free.  Or as I said in another post: Maybe the
> maintainers are taking a vacation.
>
> As far as RC2:  I dist-upgraded it to Stable in the course of my tests.
> And as soon as it hit stable, apt-get upgrades ceased producing
> anything for a week.  So, I downloaded the Stable net-install CD for a
> new install to see if there was any differences.

Yes, but did you really check if security updates debian stable had
during those 2 weeks included packages that you have installed, or not?
Your past experience is past, this is another install. Just take look at
security updates and compare, there is no much philosophy there:

https://www.debian.org/security/

Look under recent advisories.