Re: Apt-get Upgrade Problem in Stretch?

On 19-07-17, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> Getting no results from apt-get upgrade after a week.  Can install apps,
> etc., but get no security or stretch-update "fixes," etc.  I find
> this unusual.  Did a mail list archive search for this, but didn't find
> anything specific. Or did I miss the solution?
>
> My Test Setup:
>
> Stretch Stable 64-bit from net-install disk in Virtualbox 5.1 on a
> Wheezy host.  Basic terminal install (no GUI), converted to sysvinit
> (did not do anything to systemd files. Kept as dependencies) and then
> added xorg, openbox window manager, etc.
>
> Thanks for any feedback.

dpkg -s unattended-upgrades

If it is installed, it did your updates and security upgrades for you.
If you do not like it and want to do manual updates/upgrades, do with
root privs:

sed -i 's/1/0/g' /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/20auto-upgrades

For further reading and understanding:

https://wiki.debian.org/UnattendedUpgrades