Re: False dichotomy [was: Apt vs apt-get]

From: recoverym4n@gmail.com

Hi.

On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 20:18:04 +0200
Frank <zuiderduin@gmx.com> wrote:

> Op 20-07-17 om 18:58 schreef Fungi4All:
> > Does it matter what we all think, even if agree or it matters what
> > the manual of the package says. In my installation this is manual
> > I found, it says apt all over the place, meanwhile there is apt-get
> > package to install. /usr/share/man/man8/apt-get.8.gz
> >
> > In my repositories the only mention of apt-get is in cron-apt
> > and its dependency says apt. Its description says:
> > automatic update of packages using apt-get
> > There is also apt-utils, dep apt, apt-get not mentioned
>
> What are you on about? Are you even aware of what this set of tools
> actually is? You certainly make it sound like you aren"t.

At other places in Internet they warn you about feeding the trolls. Or
not doing it. I forgot, which one it is. Just a firendly reminder.

Reco

I don't know to whom you are referring as a troll but I haven't even
expressed an opinion on such a dichotomy.  I have simply reported
puzzling findings, in an effort to clarify what the difference is in
simpler terms than those documented.  What it used to be and what
it is now.  Just a few days ago the use of the one and "maybe" not
the other, caused a needed package instead of upgrading to vanish.
I had to reverse to a different repository, pick it up and lock it in
place.

If this sounds like trolling activity please define trolling.
If you are referring to someone else, I apologize for the misunderstanding.