Re: Can debian-live-9.0.1-i386-lxde be made to install from USB?

On 18-07-17, Jason Wittlin-Cohen wrote:
> That's not exactly what I'm seeing.  I began seeding the Debian 9.0
> installer image on 6/17 and the Live image on 6/20, when the 9.0.1 released.
>
> debian-9.0.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso  171.36 GB
> debian-live-9.0.1-amd64-gnome.iso 157.90 GB
> debian-live-9.0.1-amd64-cinnamon.iso  107.85 GB
> debian-9.0.0-amd64-netinst.iso  3.50 GB
>
> The net install doesn't really count since the Debian site has a direct
> link to download it, and people are unlikely to bother with such a small
> download over Bittorrent.
>
> Note:  Dejan, sorry for the direct email. Meant to email the list.

No worries, happens. As for those numbers you've got, you do realise
that just those 2 live images you seed are more popular than regular
install iso? And that there are 4 more DE in torrent live images that
are about as popular as Cinammon is? Now, calculate how many pissed
people that was, because those live images failed to install? And there
was some trashing of Debian in some reviews because of those live
images. Not that I care much about those reviews personally, I know why
I use Debian and why it is my favorite OS. But on the long run, more
happy users equals better Debian for us all.