Re: Can debian-live-9.0.1-i386-lxde be made to install from USB?

From: wooledg@eeg.ccf.org

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 12:14:52AM +1000, Erik Christiansen wrote:
> www.debian.org -> "CD/USB ISO images"

That"s where your eyes go? That"s interesting.

?????  what are you, an optometrist?

My eyes skip the banner with its embedded "download me" link (because
it"s a friggin" BANNER,

????  More useless and invalid information from debian to waste our time,
is this what you mean?

and decades of web use have taught me to skip all banners),

And your decades somehow translate into common sense?

and skip the small print sections, and drop me straight
to the link that says "obtain a copy" <https://www.debian.org/distrib/>.

intuition and decades of scanning through useless information has
lead you to where you want to be?

On the second page, there"s "Download an installation image" and
"Try Debian live before installing".

Are you saying he did what it is told in the second page of your
intutive search?  For how long has there been an icon on that live
desktop that says Install Debian?  Or should I say for how long of
this icon being false information has it stood still?
Actually the icon does start the installer, it is about 40' later one
discovers it is incapable of installing the system.

Sadly, the instructions under
the "Try Debian live" link claim that the live image"s installer will
work.

Sadly, don't take any instruction on the web page seriously.  It is
all a beta web-page for when things will eventually work.

We all know that it doesn"t, but the instructions continue to
claim that it does.

"We" excludes which group of people, the poor guy who wasted
a few hours of his lige following instructions or is it the rest of the
humanity apart from the good'ol'boys at the debian-user-gang?

> , then choose the only possibly
> viable alternative to CD/DVD, since there"s no CD/DVD on the new host.

You also skipped the "Network install" link right above your "CD/USB
ISO images" link. I wonder why.

Please let "us" know what exactly network install mean, by refering us
to a specific explanation in the debian.org maze.  Most "common" humans
would conclude that if you are a network manager and want to do
remote installs on machines this is what you use.  If you are not the
network administrator use something "else".
But, we "all" know better, don't we gangsters.  Debian is only good for
club menbers.  Sorry guy, if you missed your sleep.  You are not a member
of the group.

On the page you went to, there are two yellow lightbulb boxes, one saying
to use "Network Install" instead, and the second saying "all CD/DVD images
can be used on a USB stick too".

Somehow you skipped over those as well.

Only they obviously not all work on a USB stick.

Please don't listen to RedHat emploees trying to chase new users away
from Debian, be a little patient, unsubscribe from this list, and you will be ok!
WE are not all assholes here!