Re: Can debian-live-9.0.1-i386-lxde be made to install from USB?

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 12:14:52AM +1000, Erik Christiansen wrote:
> www.debian.org -> "CD/USB ISO images"

That's where your eyes go?  That's interesting.

My eyes skip the banner with its embedded "download me" link (because
it's a friggin' BANNER, and decades of web use have taught me to skip
all banners), and skip the small print sections, and drop me straight
to the link that says "obtain a copy" <https://www.debian.org/distrib/>.

On the second page, there's "Download an installation image" and
"Try Debian live before installing".  Sadly, the instructions under
the "Try Debian live" link claim that the live image's installer will
work.  We all know that it doesn't, but the instructions continue to
claim that it does.

> , then choose the only possibly
> viable alternative to CD/DVD, since there's no CD/DVD on the new host.

You also skipped the "Network install" link right above your "CD/USB
ISO images" link.  I wonder why.

On the page you went to, there are two yellow lightbulb boxes, one saying
to use "Network Install" instead, and the second saying "all CD/DVD images
can be used on a USB stick too".

Somehow you skipped over those as well.