Re: OT: SQL database - some questions

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 10:53:02AM +0200, Hans wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 28. Juni 2017, 10:41:05 CEST schrieb Mirco Piccin:
Hi Hans,

Hi Mirco

Here more info:
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-backup-excerpt/5.7/en/reloading-sql-format-d
umps.html

sorry, but that was not quite the thing, I was looking for.
After restore, you can browse the tables  to find your blogs using
Tora, phpMyAdmin, or any other tools.
All the data will be of course with html tags.

Maybe I should precise my question: How can I restore my data from this sql
database on my desktop? Is there a tool to extract my blogs?

SQL is a text-based language. If you open the file in vim (or gunzip it,
then open it, if you prefer a graphical editor such as gedit), you
should expect to see a series of statements. The first set will probably
start something like "CREATE TABLE". For your purposes, you can ignore
these. Scroll down to find statements beginning with either "UPDATE
<sometable>" or "INSERT INTO <sometable". With a bit of luck, each blog
entry will be a separate record. You should be able to identify the
content of the blog entries, plus there will probably also be metadata
such as when the blog was posted and so on.

Converting this into whatever format you now want is left as an exercise
for the reader :)

I do not want to build a webserver with php and wordpress and so on, just
extract my blogs.  Phpmyadmin needs a webserver to run. This is not, what I
wanted, of course.

Good luck

Best

Hans