Re: OT: SQL database - some questions

Hi Hans,

> I had had a webserver hosted by a provider, which is switched off since a
> year. From this server I got a backup of a sql database. The system that ran
> that time, was wordpress, and the database is called something like
> "bla_bla_wp2016018_911.sql.gz"

i suppose the backup has all the blog data, so yes, you should be able
to resume from it your blogs (if you haven't deleted them).
The backup of a database usually comes with all the data (of course)
and with all the sql commands useful to recreate the tables. You only
need to create a database for first.
Here more info:
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-backup-excerpt/5.7/en/reloading-sql-format-dumps.html

After restore, you can browse the tables  to find your blogs using
Tora, phpMyAdmin, or any other tools.
All the data will be of course with html tags.

Good luck