Re: OT: SQL database - some questions

Hi Hans,

> Maybe I should precise my question: How can I restore my data from this sql
> database on my desktop? Is there a tool to extract my blogs?
>
> I do not want to build a webserver with php and wordpress and so on, just
> extract my blogs.  Phpmyadmin needs a webserver to run. This is not, what I
> wanted, of course.

you need apache + php only if you are using phpMyAdmin.

If you use Tora (or mySqlBrowser, or squirrel-sql, ..) you can browse
your database from your desktop.
But you must have a database server in which restore the database (and
the data)!

After restoring, i think you can copy every blog entry into an html files.
Then you can open them directly in your web browser.
Other way: you can try to migrate them to other desktop tools (like
Tagspaces) in which data are stored in html format.
Of course you can write a little bash/java/python script to do the job.